Job Title: Research Associate – Forestry & Biodiversity
Job Location: New Delhi
Duration: Full-Time Position
About the Job:
IORA is looking to hire a self-motivated, enterprising and hardworking individual with a passion for forestry and conservation for the post of Research Associate. The role involves assisting in the development and execution of forest conservation projects. This includes eco-restoration, ecological assessments, biodiversity assessment, designing conservation plans and financial incentive strategies. The job is a good mix of office-based and outdoor work with existing opportunities to work in some of the most diverse forest and biodiversity areas in the country.
- Work towards forest restoration assessment and planning
- Conduct forest biomass, biodiversity and ecological assessments
- Plan and implement project research processes and methodologies
- Collate and analyse data as required
- Measure carbon content across different landscapes and forests
- Calculate biodiversity indices, population abundances etc.
- Contribute to report writing, development of proposals and other project collaterals
- Represent IORA at multi-stakeholder consultations
Desired Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Forestry/Biodiversity or related fields with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of forestry operations and existing practices, biodiversity assessment methods, data analysis
- Basic experience in forestry modelling, forest management planning and participatory forest management
- Experience working in the field/ provinces
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in challenging circumstances
IORA is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are requested to email their C.V. (with Application for “RA – Forestry & Biodiversity” as the subject line) to email@example.com latest by January 15, 2023.